Find how to open and test your ASP.NET application located on your Win 7.0 from your iPhone.
- 1. turn on WLAN on your PC
- 2. place your ASP.NET application on your IIS 7.0
For example I deployed simple WebTest ASP.NET application to my IIS 7.0. Try click "Browse *:80 (http)" from IIS to be sure your application properly running
- 3. find your computer IPv4 Address
- open Command Prompt (All Programs --> Accessories --> Command Prompt)
- type ipconfig
- remember IPv4Address (in format 192.x.x.x)
- 4. try to open your ASP.NET application from your PC
- instead of localhost type IPv4Address, in my case it is "http://192.x.x.x/WebTest/"
- if it works proceed to next step
- 5. connect your iPhone to your WLAN
- on your iPhone: Settings --> Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi should be "ON" and you need to choose your WLAN Network
- 6. try to type address in your browser on your iphone (in my example something like this "http://192.x.x.x/WebTest/")
- 7. if "http://192.x.x.x" open IIS page on your iphone but "http://192.x.x.x/WebTest/" (of course WebTest is in only in my example) does not open web application try open Control Panel --> Window Firewall --> Allow a Program through Windows Firewall
- in "Allowed programs" click "Change setting" button and check "World Wide Web Services (HTTP)" and "Home/Work (Private)"
- after this change you should see your web applicatio in your iPhone browser