Recently I add AdSense ad below post title on my blogger blog and result of my action is significant growth in CTR (Click Through Rate). Higher CTR usually leads to higher revenue.
In this article I will try to answer on next questions
- why bloggers should place adsense ads inside post
- does AdSense ads directly below title inside Blogger posts are permitted and what to do?
- How to add AdSense ad below post title in each Blogger post
Why bloggers should add AdSense ad below post?
Answer is simple, AdSense ads placed below post title have higher CTR value. This position is one of best performing for earning money. Check the image of Google heat map for ideal ads placing. Dark orange is for strongest performance to light yellow for weakest performance.
Since Page layout algorithm change, it is no longer advisable to place large block of AdSense ads above posts. "Page layout algorithm" cause Google penalty for blogs where relevant content is pushed down by large blocks of ads. In this circumstances placing one AdSense below post title right to post content text is a very good solution.
In three weeks after adding AdSense below post my CTR grow from 0.26% to 0.42%. To learn more about CTR trends and AdSense combinations on my blog visit : Increase blog adsense revenue real case scenario.
Does adding AdSense below title in post is allowed?
Using blogger interface you can easily add AdSense ads under post, between the posts or in the sidebar. But to add AdSense ads inside post below post title you should make change directly in blogger template, there is no simple way to do it. Step by step guide how to place AdSense ads below the post title you can find in next section of this article.
The question is does inserting Googe AdSense ads inside post below the title is permitted by Google term of services? Does this method break the rules?
Google forbidden placing misleading labels above Google ad units. So, if the AdSense ad unit directly below post title in some cases it could misleading visitors it is image connected with a title.
It is good practice to add a label above AdSense ad, something like "Sponsored Links" or "Advertisements". With this approach visitor will not be misguided. Take a look at image below how I add a label above the adsense unit below post title.
Personally I started to use this method since 2012-02-12 and AdSense ad unit work properly without a penalty. Here is the link to AdSense page where Ad placement inside article is suggested. Here you can find more about AdSense placement policies.
How to add AdSense ad unit below post title on blogger
Here is short tutorial:
- First go to your Google AdSense account and copy AdSense unit code you want to implement inside your post
- go to Postable (or some similar site) paste AdSense code, click button "Make it friendly" and copy encoded AdSense code
- sign in to your blogger account and go to Layout --> Edit HTML
- it is recommended to backup template on your local hard disk before doing any change in edit template box
- check Expand Widget Templates checkbox
- now inside Edit Template textbox find:
- just above <data:post.body/> tag paste the encoded adsense code
- click button Save Template and you have AdSense unit just below post title in each post on your blogspot blog
- if you want to add AdSense ad unit on the right side of your post below post title try with this code (this code should be placed above <data:post.body/> tag):
<div style='float: right;'> PUT HERE ENCODED ADSENSE CODE </div>